|2012 Fonda Fair Demolition Derby
Official Rules and Regulations
1. Fonda Fair and Harry’s Auto Staff shall retain final ruling in all disputes.
2. All participants agree to read and abide by all rules and regulations in order to promote the safety and enjoyment of the event(s).
3. A photo ID will be REQUIRED to enter the pit area and the derby.
4. All drivers & crew must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
5. Harry’s Auto & Fonda Fair, its representatives, will not be responsible for participants’ property, property damage, or bodily injury at any time before, during or after the event(s).
6. All applicants attest that any vehicle entered is the lawful property of such applicant.
7. All vehicles/parts must be removed from the grounds by the applicant or available salvage service the same day of the event.
8. The conduct of any of the crew member(s) or the driver will disqualify the driver/and or entered vehicle.
9. For everyone’s safety a 5 mph speed limit will be enforced.
10. No drugs or alcoholic beverage possession or usage will be allowed.
11. Approved crash helmets, neck braces, eye protection, long sleeve shirts and pants are mandatory.A race type fire suit is preferred.
12. Decisions of Track Judges and Officials shall be binding and final.
13. NO REFUNDS. No if and or buts.
2012 Vehicle Preparation Rules and Regulations
A. Any stock front engine hardtop vehicle is allowed. Chrysler Imperials, 4x vehicles, convertibles, “specialty” or custom-made vehicles are excluded.
B. No engine, transmission bumper, or wheel modifications.
C. Batteries must be secured safely and covered, but not necessarily in their original position. No truck type batteries. Only one battery allowed.
D. All GLASSmust be removed, including windows, mirrors, lights and marker lights. NO broken glass allowed in the car or in car doors.
E. TIRES must be street legal. NO studs or screws. Tires must contain air only.
F. Fan shrouds must be in place if fan is in place. All coolant must be drained and replaced with water before entering the fair grounds.
G. All vehicles must have an approved seat belt.
H. Driver’s seat cross support bar is mandatory. ..not to exceed 2”round or square tubing and or chain. Cross support bars must be securely fastened. No wire or bungee cords.
I. All outside moldings, outside handles, knobs, and sharp protruding parts are to be removed. (Door latches must remain in).
J. For the safety of all the Drivers: straps, chains or welding must securely fasten all doors. No wire allowed. Driver’s door may be welded shut. All other doors a maximum of 8” total per seam.
K. Hoods, trunk lids and tailgates must be securely chained or strapped shut-- after inspection by the officials. No protruding bolts out of the hood.
L. All vehicles must have a roof to dash impact protector. Can be chain, pipe or flat stock. Must be securely fastened. No protruding bolts out of the hood.
M. All vehicles must have 5” holes above the exhaust manifolds on V6 and V8 and 10” holes above the exhaust on 4 cyls. and straight 6’s. For safety only.
N. Stock fuel tanks may be left in original locations. No more than 5 gallons of gas in tank. Fuel tanks may be moved, but MUST be secured to the floor and MUST be covered completely in tin.
O. Dash mounted electrical fuel pump shut off switch is MANDATORY.
P. Fuel lines may be steel or rubber. Rubber line MUST say fuel line on it.
Q. Vehicle suspension must be no stiffer than factory original. No modifying or reinforcing of any type.
R. Rear end gear welding is allowed.
S. NO distributor or transmission protectors allowed.
T. No plating of frame allowed.
U. In the Small Car Demo Division: A side protective bar on the driver’s side at the height of the cars bumper will be allowed for driver safety.
V. All air bags must be removed.
W. All air conditioning Freon must be removed.
X. All rules may change without notice. These rules are for safety purposes only.
Y. Grounds for disqualification include, but are not limited to, breaching the barrier perimeter, ignoring track official’s directions, non-compliance with regulations, use of alcohol or drugs, disorderly conduct, hitting a competitor’s drivers door, fuel leak and vehicle on fire.
Z. Adherence to these rules and regulations is absolutely necessary, but these rules and regulations are in no way meant to warrant or guarantee safety and avoidance of injury. Each applicant & restricted pit area entrant voluntarily accepts risk of possible serious bodily injury, property damage and personal injury.